Now that you know you are fully loved, accepted, forgiven and permanently in good standing with God because of Jesus, you need to know it only gets better.
Jesus became your substitute on the cross; when He died in your place He died as you, giving you complete forgiveness and righteousness.
This is why Paul says, “I have been crucified with Christ” (Gal. 2:20). But something else incredible happened three days later…Jesus came back to life.
And since you died with Him…you were also raised with Him!
The moment you believed Jesus is Lord and trusted Him for salvation, you were supernaturally woven into His death and resurrection (Romans 6:3-4). You were buried with Him and then raised with Him as a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17).
Jesus’ death brought you justification (forgiven + made righteous), while His resurrection brought you freedom and new life!
As a new creation, you now have a new life, a new mind, and a new relationship with the Father. You can enjoy a life free from condemnation and full of peace that surpasses understanding (Phil. 4:7).
Now, you live by faith in Jesus (Gal. 2:20). There is no more striving or trying to be good enough. It’s been God’s plan all along for you to live by faith alone (Romans 1:17)!
I am a new creation in Christ. All of the old has passed away and everything has become new. I put on the new man which is created according to God in true righteousness and holiness. I am renewed in the knowledge of Him who created me! I am renewed in the spirit of my mind and I have the mind of Christ to think thoughts that are true about myself, God, and everyone else. I will not lose heart because my inward man is being renewed daily. Jesus Himself is my peace, giving me rest from the works of the law. Jesus became sin for me so that I can become His righteousness. He has completely cleansed me and forgiven me of all of my sin: past, present, and future. It is for freedom I have been set free. There is no condemnation in Christ! He has raised me up and made me sit in heavenly places. I died and my life is hidden with Christ in God. God has created me and prepared in advance good works for me to do. I have full access to the Father. He loves to hear from me and I love to praise Him and hear from Him! The peace of God rules my heart. I cast my cares on God for He cares for me.
- I am a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- I put on the new man created according to God. (Ephesians 4:24)
- I am renewed in the knowledge of Him who created me. (Colossians 3:3)
- I am renewed in the spirit of my mind. (Ephesians 4:23)
- I have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- I focus on what is true. (Philippians 4:8)
- I am renewed day by day. (2 Corinthians 4:16)
- Jesus is my peace, rescuing me from the works of the law. (Ephesians 2:14-18)
- Jesus became sin for me and made me righteous. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- I am fully forgiven- now and forever. (Hebrews 10:10)
- There is no condemnation in Christ. (Romans 8:1)
- He has raised me up to heavenly places. (Ephesians 2:6)
- I died and my life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)
- God created me to do good things. (Ephesians 2:10)
- I have full access to the Father. (Ephesians 2:18)
- He loves to hear from me. (1 Peter 3:12, 1 John 5:15)
- I love to praise Him! (Luke 10:21-22)
- I hear from Him! (John 10:27, Romans 8:14)
- Peace rules my heart. (Colossians 3:15, Philippians 4:7)
- I cast my cares on God because I know He cares for me. (1 Peter 5:7)
As you work through the meditations on this site, find a quiet place and speak them out loud. This may feel uncomfortable or awkward at first, but there’s an incredible amount of neuroscience that supports why you should. Learn more about that here. Hint: it changes your brain! Forming a habit is crucial to this process, so consider reading this meditation everyday for 30 days.