Jesus truly changed everything. When He died on the cross, He carved a door for every person who has and will ever live to be instantly made right with God.
He became the ‘propitiation for our sins, not only ours but the whole world’ (1 John 2:2).
The word propitiation, or hilasmos in greek, indicates an offering that fully satisfies God’s judgment on sin.
High priests of the old testament had to offer repeated sacrifices (including for themselves), but Jesus became a one-time permanent sacrifice for all people (Heb. 7:26).
What does this mean for you, as a believer?
It means God is not counting your sins against you (2 Cor. 5:19)! Instead, He held all of them against Jesus at the cross (Col. 2:14).
Your sins, including future ones, have already been forgiven and wiped away in Christ!
You are now righteous, or in other words ‘in right standing’, with God because of the work Christ has accomplished on your behalf.
That’s right- it has nothing to do with you! Your merit and behavior do not determine your standing with God. What incredible news! You are righteous by faith in Jesus alone (Phil. 3:9).
I am fiercely loved and fully accepted by God. Jesus has totally and completely accomplished forgiveness for me by dying on the cross for my sins. Absolutely nothing can take away my forgiveness because nothing can cancel out Jesus’ permanent sacrifice on my behalf. I am forever forgiven for my past, present, and future sins because Jesus is always living to make intercession for me. God is not counting my sins against me! In fact, I am in perfect standing with God because of Christ. I have been freely justified by His grace. There is nothing I can do to earn this forgiveness, only receive it because its already been freely given to me. I silence every accusation that tells me otherwise. I am reconciled with God in Christ.
- I am so loved by God that He sent His Son to die for me that I may live. (John 3:16, 1 John 4:9-10)
- I know Christ loves me because He gave Himself for me as an offering. (Ephesians 5:2)
- God chose me even in my sin because of His great love for me. (Romans 5:8)
- Absolutely nothing can separate me from the love of Christ. (Romans 8:39, Ephesians 3:19)
- I am accepted in the Beloved (Jesus). (Ephesians 1:6)
- I have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus once for all. (Hebrews 10:10)
- I know nothing can stand against the work Jesus did on my behalf. (Romans 8:33-34)
- I am forgiven fully-even for future sins-because Jesus is my constant intercessor. (Hebrews 7:25)
- God’s not holding my sin against me! (2 Corinthians 5:19)
- I am in perfect standing with God because of Christ. (Romans 4:25)
- I am freely justified by His grace. (Romans 3:24)
- I am free from attempting to earn my position with God, instead I receive it by faith alone. (Romans 3:28)
- I condemn every tongue that rises against me in judgement. (Isaiah 54:17)
- I have reconciled with God in Christ. (Colossians 1:21)
As you work through the meditations on this site, find a quiet place and speak them out loud. This may feel uncomfortable or awkward at first, but there’s an incredible amount of neuroscience that supports why you should. Learn more about that here. Hint: it changes your brain! Forming a habit is crucial to this process, so consider reading this meditation everyday for 30 days.